Plastic Profile Extrusions
Preferred Plastics is a leading manufacturer of custom profile extruded parts and components, specializing in plastics extrusions. Known worldwide for our experience and expertise manufacturing custom plastic extrusions, innovation and adherence to the latest manufacturing practices, and superior customer service, we are proud of our ability to meet even the most demanding specifications and delivering parts that meet the highest quality standards.
Profile extrusion is used to manufacture a continuously formed profile and is ideal for high volume production runs. Preferred Plastics’ capabilities include:
- Rigid and flexible profiles
- Dual hardness profiles using multiple resins
- Simple and complex shapes, manufactured to the tightest tolerances
- Small and large shapes
- Wide range of thermoplastic materials, including PVC, ABS, HIPS, HDPE, TPU, and TPE. We also offer custom compounding.
Our product line of custom profile extrusions includes gaskets, seals, channels, machinery guards, conveyor cleats and guides, molding and trim, and tubing.
Preferred Plastics provides turnkey extrusion and finishing services, including:
- Dedicated customer support from your initial call through delivery of the finished product. We work with you to ensure that your part’s tooling and engineering is accurate before manufacturing begins.
- Two manufacturing facilities with a total of 200,000 square feet of capacity. Our 38 technologically advanced extruders provide the ability to extrude parts from small, precision to larger, structural profiles and manufacture quantities from prototypes to short runs and full production runs.
- Inhouse tooling design and manufacturing
- A wide range of thermoplastics materials, including custom material compounding capabilities
- Custom part configurations, including metal on the inside, cloth on the outside, multi-colored profiles, dual durometers, textured surfaces, and other configurations
- Physical testing during and after production to ensure consistency in product quality and that product specifications are met
- Finishing services, including close tolerance cutting, precision drilling, notching, punching, trimming, welding, stamping, and custom packaging
- ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturing
In addition, we utilize sustainable, environmentally-responsible manufacturing practices, to minimize waste and maximize energy efficiency in our manufacturing. We can assist you in selecting more environmentally friendly thermoplastic alternatives for your project.
Profile Extrusion Materials
Our materials can be matched to virtually any color imaginable. Some materials are matched in-house by our own color experts, and others are matched through relationships with our world-class pigment and colorant partners.
Our extruded plastic parts are used in the automotive, processing, medical device, construction, marine, RV, and household appliance industries. Some of the materials available are:
- PVC (rigid and flexible)
- TPE (thermoplastic elastomer)
- HIPS (high impact polystyrene)
- PETG (polyethylene terephthalate)
- Noryl® PPO
- Polyethylene (HDPE, MDPE, & LDPE)
- EHMW (extra-high molecular weight polyethylene)
- TPO (thermoplastic olefin)
- TPV (thermoplastic vulcanizates)
- TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane)
- Custom compounds
At Preferred Plastics, we are committed to manufacturing a high quality part that meets your expectations, is delivered on time and on budget – all supported by superior customer service. We understand that the components and parts we deliver you are critical to the performance of your finished products and that the quality of our products impacts the quality of your products – and that it’s your reputation on the line. It’s that commitment that keeps our customers coming back.
Call today to see how we can help you! Kentucky Facility: (502) 935-3070 / Michigan Facility: (269) 685-5873