Plastic Crosshead Extrusion
Preferred Plastics offers high quality plastics crosshead extrusion services for parts that require reinforcement or encapsulation of a metal part. Using the latest technologies and processes, we will ensure that your part is manufactured to your exact specifications and will provide reliable, durable performance. Preferred Plastics has earned a global reputation for the quality of our extrusions, supported by superior customer services and continuous innovation and adherence to the latest manufacturing practices. We are proud of our ability to meet even the most demanding specifications and delivering parts that meet the highest quality standards.
The process can insert nylon strapping, copper wire, and other reinforcing materials, or can extrude the plastic around a metal part. The reinforcing material or metal part becomes an integral part of the extruded product.
Preferred Plastics’ crosshead capabilities include:
- Insertion of copper, aluminum, and steel embedment’s. Also some fabrics and textiles.
- Extrusion around metal parts.
- Wide range of thermoplastic materials, including PVC, ABS, HIPS, HDPE, TPU, and TPE. We also offer custom compounding.
- Dual hardness profiles using multiple resins.
- Simple and complex shapes, manufactured to the tightest tolerances.
- Small and large shapes.
Crosshead extrusion is used to manufacture jacketed, or coated, cable and wire, gaskets and seals with metal in the inside, and extruded profiles that require reinforcement.
Plastic Crosshead Extrusion Solutions
Preferred Plastics provides turnkey extrusion and finishing services, including:
- Dedicated customer support from your initial call through delivery of the finished product. We work with you to ensure that your part’s tooling and engineering is accurate before manufacturing begins.
- Two manufacturing facilities with a total of 200,000 square feet of capacity. Our 38 technologically advanced extruders provide the ability to extrude parts from small components to larger, structural profiles and manufacture quantities from prototypes to short runs and full production runs.
- Inhouse tooling design and manufacturing
- Physical testing during and after production to ensure consistency in product quality and that product specifications are met
- Finishing services, including cutting, drilling, notching, punching, trimming, welding, stamping, and custom packaging
- ISO 9001:2015 certified manufacturing
In addition, we utilize sustainable, environmentally-responsible manufacturing practices, to minimize waste and maximize energy efficiency in our plastics crosshead extrusion solutions. We can assist you in selecting more environmentally friendly thermoplastic alternatives for your project.
At Preferred Plastics, we are committed to manufacturing high-quality crosshead extruded parts that meet your expectations, are delivered on time and on budget – all supported by superior customer service. We understand that the plastics crosshead extruded we deliver you are critical to the performance of your finished products and that the quality of our products impacts the quality of your products – and that it’s your reputation on the line. It’s that commitment that keeps our customers coming back.
Call today to see how we can help you! Kentucky Facility: (502) 935-3070 / Michigan Facility: (269) 685-5873