Custom Belt Cleats
Capable of transporting materials from one location to another quickly and efficiently, conveyor systems are the heart of just about every industrial process. Rollbacks, spillages, and blockages caused by grade changes, turns or lack of separation can negatively impact conveying performance.
Optimize conveyor system functionality with high-quality belt cleats from Preferred Plastics. We specialize in the manufacture of custom belt cleats that successfully convey and separate materials, even with extreme grade changes or at fast speeds, for an array of applications.
Extruded Belt Cleat Advantages
Belt cleats are used to help move items through inclines and declines, as well as provide consistent spacing between products. Common names for belt cleats include flights, lugs, and profiles. The benefits of these products include:
- Increases capacity through reducing material rollback
- Reduces spillage as cleats keep the product on the belt
- Allows for steeper conveyor design, reducing capital costs
Your Custom Plastic Belt Source
As a leading plastics extruder offering turnkey extrusion and finishing services, Preferred Plastics specializes in the manufacture of high-quality belt cleats. We make custom belt cleats from a range of materials. Examples include:
- Polyvinyl Chloride, or PVC
- Polypropylene, or PP
- Polyethylenes, or HDPE, MDPE, LDPE, and PET
- Thermoplastic elastomer, or TPE
- Custom compounding is available
Belt cleats are available in fixed or removable configurations. The cleats themselves can be manufactured with the following characteristics:
- Flat profiles
- Rounded profiles
- Heavy-duty profiles
- Profiles with sidewalls
Production Throughput Advantages
Without conveyor systems, materials would have to be fed manually. This process creates resource challenges and is not very cost-effective in the long run. Conveyors with cleats can boost efficiency, permit faster speeds, and enable steeper grade changes. This allows for the use of shorter belts and frees up floor space.
- Waste management
- Food processing
- Original Equipment Manufacturer, or OEM, fabrication
- Bottling and canning
- Print finishing
- Shipping and warehousing
Plastic Belt Cleat Source
At Preferred Plastics, a key component of our turnkey extrusion and finishing services is our dedicated customer support. We’re with you from the initial call through the delivery of the finished product.
We work with you to ensure that your part’s tooling and engineering are accurate before manufacturing begins. Our turnkey capabilities include:
- Two manufacturing facilities with a total of 200,000 square feet of capacity
- Thirty-eight technologically advanced extruders provide the ability for profile extrusion, co-extrusion, crosshead, and tube extrusion services
- Sizes from small to more substantial, structural profiles
- Quantities from prototypes to short runs and full production runs
- In-house tooling design and manufacturing
- Custom part configurations, including metal on the inside, cloth on the outside, multi-colored profiles, dual durometers, textured surfaces, and other configurations
- Physical testing during and after production to ensure consistency in product quality and that product specifications are met
- Finishing services, including cutting, drilling, notching, punching, trimming, welding, stamping, and custom packaging
- ISO 9001:2015-certified manufacturing
Preferred Plastics embraces both plastics and the environment. That’s why we utilize sustainable and environmentally responsible manufacturing practices to minimize waste and maximize energy efficiency. Our expert team can help you select more ecologically friendly thermoplastic alternatives for your project.
We know the components you use are critical to the performance of your finished products, and the quality of those items impacts your bottom line and reputation. That’s why we’re dedicated to manufacturing high-quality parts that surpass expectations and are delivered on time and within budget.
Take your conveying system performance to new levels with reliable belt cleats from Preferred Plastics. We’ve got you covered.
Contact us for additional information.