Plastic Co-Extrusion Services
Preferred Plastics, an industry-leading custom plastics extruder, offers high quality, custom plastic co-extrusion services. Our state-of-the-art facilities are equipped with the latest technology to provide us with the capabilities to extrude your plastic part to specifications. We have earned the reputation for producing high quality products using the latest innovative technologies, all supported by superior customer service.
The plastic co-extrusion process combines two or more different materials in a single extrusion process. Two or more extruders deliver the desired plastics to a single extrusion head, or die, to manufacture the part. The materials can be combined or layered, using different compounds for the layers. Preferred Plastics’ plastic co-extrusion capabilities include:
- Dual hardness profiles using multiple resins
- Simple and complex shapes, manufactured to industry standard
- Small and large shapes
- Wide range of thermoplastic materials, including PVC, ABS, HIPS, HDPE, TPU, and TPE.
Products manufactured using custom plastic co-extrusion include tubing, sweeps, profiles, trim, hinges, and protectors that require specific properties not available in a single polymer.
Plastic Co-Extrusion Solutions
Preferred Plastics provides turnkey extrusion and finishing services, including:
- Dedicated customer support from your initial call through delivery of the finished product. We work with you to ensure that your part’s tooling and engineering is accurate before manufacturing begins.
- Two manufacturing facilities with a total of 200,000 square feet of capacity. Our 38 technologically advanced extruders provide the ability to extrude parts from small components to larger, structural profiles and manufacture quantities from prototypes to short runs and full production runs.
- Inhouse tooling design and manufacturing
- Custom part configurations, including metal on the inside, cloth on the outside, multi-colored profiles, dual durometers, textured surfaces, and other configurations
- Physical testing during and after production to ensure consistency in product quality and that product specifications are met
- Finishing services, including cutting, drilling, notching, punching, trimming, welding, stamping, and custom packaging
- ISO 9001:2015 certified manufacturing
In addition, we utilize sustainable, environmentally responsible manufacturing practices to minimize waste and maximize energy efficiency in our plastic co-extrusion solutions. We can assist you in selecting more environmentally friendly thermoplastic alternatives for your project.
At Preferred Plastics, we are committed to manufacturing high quality plastics co-extruded that meet your expectations, are delivered on time and on budget – all supported by superior customer service. We understand that the plastics co-extruded we deliver you are critical to the performance of your finished products and that the quality of our products impacts the quality of your products – and that it’s your reputation on the line. It’s that commitment that keeps our customers coming back.
Call today to see how we can help you! Kentucky Facility: (502) 935-3070 / Michigan Facility: (269) 685-5873